Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rightly said by Mr Narayan Murthy - "India not a country of doers"

This is the person I would admire very much and I am sure many of you would think the same.
I said so because I can very much link my inner soul to what he says anytime.
In his latest interview, I seem to be very much in agreement with his saying that "India not a country of doers".
Here I bring some excerpts from his latest sayings -
- "The Indian society is a society of ideas. It is a society that has revered talk. In this society, articulation is mistaken for accomplishment. We are quite satisfied with our voice, with our writings. This is not a society that is focussed on execution."
- "here in this culture, if you do anything with your hands, it is considered less honourable that anything to do with your brain."
- "In the coming year there will be some good and some not-so-good events, and you will face both these with equanimity.That is one message that our elders have to communicate to the youngsters: that bad times will pass; they will come from time to time, but they will pass.Bad times are the times when we have to show our hard work, our determination and our talent."
- "Secularism is not about forgetting who you are; secularism is about saying I will respect you for what you are and that we will take all decisions without considering what religion you belong to."
- "I am a Hindu, I am proud to be a Hindu, I do my pooja everyday, but the relationship between me and my God is a personal affair at home and it is not something I bring out into the public and I will not use religion as the basis for any decision-making or any discussion."
- "I am of the opinion that the primary objective of the government in a country like India is making sure that there is efficient delivery of basic services, like primary education, primary healthcare, nutrition, and shelter to the poor people. I don’t think corporations should expect the government to put money and help them out."

Really speaking, this person is above all of us, he has immense capability of executing things.

Jai Hind

3 comments:

umang said...

hmmm..

you could have pasted only the link of the article..

we would have read complete article but the excerpts..

pata hai ye tu publish nahi karega...per likhne main kya jata hai...

Deepak Vijayvergiy said...

@umang
Actually I thought of putting the hyperlink there, but forgot to do that.

Ramesh Srivats said...

Thanks for blogrolling Short Puts. Have moved it to a new location - http://www.rameshsrivats.net/shortputs

Cheers